Friday, February 17, 2012

This shit is bananas.

Can I just say how ABSURDLY excited I am about this recipe?

I don't really know why... other than the fact, of course, it is DELICIOUS.
Ice cream. Everyone loves ice cream. Or should. But there is that whole... heavy cream, buckets of sugar thang that really gets in the way....
Lactose and I have never really gotten along. We finally broke up a few years ago. I mean there's been the occasional fling here and there, but I finally said enough is enough. And last night I found something new, better, healthier, happier.


okay this is getting a little weird... to the point!

Ice cream... ish.... No ice cream maker required.

I was trolling the internets and came across a similar banana ice cream recipe. Of course. I can't leave anything alone, so here is my own delicious rendition.... The recipe is totally versatile, the banana is the only thing required. Mix in berries or flaked coconut or whatever your heart desires.


Banana Chocolate Almond Ice Cream 


Recipes makes about 2.5678 cups of deliciousness

Ingredients

3 medium, ripe (freckled!) bananas
2 tbls fresh ground almond butter (optional)
2 tsp cocoa powder (optional)
1/4 cup dark chocolate cocoa nibs (choc chips)



Peel and slice bananas into bite size pieces. Layer on a cookie sheet and place uncovered in freezer for 3-8 hours (yes hours, I just threw them in the freezer before I left for work).


Place frozen bananas in food processor with blade attachment and blend until almost smooth (about 45-1 minute). Add almond butter and cocoa powder and blend for another 30 seconds or until well incorporated (or whatever ingredients you run with) Add cocoa chips and pulse 10-15 times.


Scoop and enjoy!

This makes a lot of ice cream, so store extra in a tupperware in the freezer:)




No comments:

Post a Comment