Tuesday, January 10, 2012

breakfast of champions. vom.

I am so tired of eggs.


Seriously.
I've poached, scrambled, fried, killed, fritta-ed and omeletted....

The thought of eating another egg makes me want....to... bleeeehhhhhh. not eating eggy things for almost three years and then consuming them EVERYDAY is a big turn around.

My body is giving me the universal  "whaaaaat the helll" motion (like when someone cuts you off and you throw your arms in the air and go WHAT THE WHAAAAT? And they do the same thing, like its your fault for being your own lane)

I know I know. I'm making things harder on myself by not giving into whatever deep-seeded bacon cravings I supposedly have within.
Whatever.
I've never been a huge egg fan...
Example: The  only acceptable thing to do with a hard boiled egg is dye it and leave it for the Easter bunny.
Great.
Now I'm craving cadbury  eggs... I don't even like those.

But really anything with simple sugars would be nice. 

Ah the fun of sugar withdrawals.

I didn't realize how much sugar my body is accustomed to consuming until cutting it out entirely. I'm not really a big sweets person. Sure I love my juju fish (ghetto Swedish fish), the occasional trip to staccato gelato, but I'm not the I MUST HAVE CHOCOLATE EVERYDAY OR I WILL DIE  kind of gal.

But those sneaky bastards food processors sneak that sugar shite and loads of other additives into everything. What do you mean my canned diced tomatoes have HFC? Why is it necessary to add sugar, carageenan and other 'fun' things to balsamic vinaigrette?

Balsamic vinaigrette= balsamic vinegar + oil + emulsifier (I like mustard seed).

I'll slow my rant... Looking forward to finding some more interesting and less egg-tastic things to consume for breakfast... I found some cool Zucchini frittery pancake-y things that I may doctor to my liking... Who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment