Sunday, November 18, 2012

tuscan kale and sausage soup

I threw together this tasty soup the other night, when I wasn't feelin' so hot. It's super easy, so I don't feel like I can take too much credit for its tastiness. But here ya go.



Ingredients 
  • 2 tbl olive oil
  • 1 large red onion, minced
  • 4 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 lb hot Italian sausage
  • 3 small sweet potatoes, diced
  • 2 cups baby carrots
  • 6 cups chicken stock 
  • 1 large bunch kale, chopped (5-6 cups)
  • salt and pepper to taste


Heat olive oil over medium in a large soup pot. Add onions and garlic and saute until translucent. Add sausage. Cook over medium until browned. Add sweet potatoes, baby carrots and chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are folk tender. Reduce heat and add kale. Cover and let stand for five minutes or so for kale to wilt. Add salt and pepper to taste. 

I'm in the middle of a crazy move, so all of my spices (sans salt and pepper) are buried deep in boxes. GEt creative with spices and such as you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment